Application for Water Service and Water Users’ Agreement
The undersigned being the owner or occupier of land located within the above Water district hereby makes application to said District for water service, and if water service is made available by said District, agrees to the following conditions:
1. Pay a minimum monthly charge for each water service from time service is applied for and approved by the District, and pay for additional water used at the rate set out in the rate schedule adopted by the Board of Directors. Any changes made in the minimum monthly water charge and rate schedule by the Board of Directors of the District shall become a part of this agreement as though fully set out herein.
2. The Rules and Regulations of the District provide that the District will read the meters, a service bill for water used shall be rendered by the District on or before the 5th day of the month following the month in which the water is used and the undersigned agrees to pay said bill on or before the 20th day of the month in which the bill is rendered, or be subject to a late charge of 10%. Failure of the District to submit a service bill shall not excuse the undersigned from his obligation to pay for the water used when the bill is submitted. Failure to pay a bill by the first day of the month following the month in which the bill is rendered shall result in discontinuance of the service and subject to a reconnection fee.
3. Water service supplied by the District shall be for the sole use of the undersigned, he or she agrees that he/she will not extend or permit the extension of pipes for the purpose of transferring water from one property to another, nor will he share, resell, or sub-meter water to any other consumer. Each meter service shall supply water to only one residence or business establishment located on land within the District. Meters shall be made accessible to District personnel at any and all times, outside fences, free and clear of shrubs, brush, trees and any debris. Commercial meters require the service to be in the name of the owner of the property who shall be solely responsible for payment of service.
4. Usage shall be monitored by the District on a monthly basis. Should the demand exceed maximum limits, applicant may be required to purchase a larger meter.
5. If after water service is made available, the same is discontinued or disconnected for any purpose, pursuant to the Rules and Regulations of the District, reconnection shall be upon the conditions set out in the rules and regulations of the District.
6. Undersigned agrees that he/she will make no physical connections between any private water system and the water system of the District.
Representatives of the District may, at any reasonable time come on the premises where water is being used for the purpose of inspection to enforce this provision. Violation of this provision shall be grounds for disconnection of service.
7. The laws of the State of Kansas, By-Laws and Rules and Regulations of the District, as presently existing, and as may be amended from time to time, are made a part of this agreement as though fully set out herein.